Let the big boys stop building arch top guitars, we will always love and build this classic style that helped develop the sound of early electric blues, country and rock.
The classic Cadillac DeVille is also are semi holly body arch top. This style was originally known as a Jazz guitar, but rapidly found its way as a hallowed blues & rock guitar. Our classic features two real not painted F holes (excellent resonance) and a single cutaway. Gold hardware, gold pickup covers, gold Grover tuners and stunning black to cherry red see through flamed maple finish. Both top and backed arched body.
With our custom Bootlegger 3x3 head and our whiskey diamond fret inlays and logo the guitar fits perfectly in any smoke filled Jazz club, blues joint or rocking roadhouse.
Our body is slimmer then most Jazz styles at 1 1/2 inches thick compared to a Gibson 335 that is 1 3/4 inch thick. Our body size is closer to a Les Paul. We wanted a more comfortable, lighter version of this classic semi hollow body style. Both arched back and top for acoustic tone. Ships with its custom wood vintage style hard case.
Our Bootlegger head design is as much function as it is form. As a race car builder, driver I understand that any angle or bend can be a point of weakness under stress. We run brake lines and fuel lines with as little bending as possible. The same works with guitar strings the straighter from the tuning post to the nut means less stress on strings and strings hold tuning and resonate better.
Our Bootlegger neck is best compared to a PRS JM shape, Fender modern C shape or a Gibson Slim Taper D shape for feel and playability. It is by far the most easy and recognizable shape for guitar players across the board. It delivers that vintage feel with a modern twist to keep it relevant and functional for guitar players playing any genre of music.
We build with graphite nuts, along with our head and neck design this is best possible pro setup for your guitar.
PLEASE SEE ALL OF OUR REVERB 5 STAR PRODUCT REVIEWS
We are Bootlegger Guitar, buy direct “Reverb 5 Star Builder”
We are a small builder in Los Angeles. We sell direct and offer excellent values for our Bootlegger family. Our gear is played on stage in studios and homes worldwide. Instead of us telling you how great our gear is please read our customer reviews and videos.
• Wood top 15mm Flamed Maple bottom 2 pcs Sapele 42mm
• Finish Black / Cherry Sunburst Clear Natural Gloss / Polyurethane
• Two F Holes
• Binding Top and back White ABS
• Hollowbody construction Arch Top and Back
• Set neck 16th fret
• Neck Profile C
• Binding white ABS
• Finish natural matte Polyurethane
• Truss Rod Dual Adjustment Location Head
• Fingerboard Material Hardwood Walnut
• Fingerboard Radius 350r
• Number of Frets 22
• Scale 24.75 (Gibson)
• Width 1st 43mm 12th 53mm Bootlegger standard
• Thick 1st 20mm 12th 22mm Bootlegger standard
• Fret width 2.7mm Silver Nickel
• Inlays Whiskey Diamond white / black pearl
• Side position markers 1.5mm
• Nut Material black Graphite / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
• Inlays, White Pearl Bootlegger Whiskey Diamond
• Thickness 12mm Angle 12 degree
• Tuners Grover Gold
• Finish black matte front Polyurethane
• Finish back natural matte Polyurethane
• Binding ABS White
• Logo custom Whiskey Bootlegger Art (borrowed from our favorite whiskey labels)
• Truss Rod Cover Plastic 98 (Proof)
• Gold finish
• 3 way pickup switch
• Tune O Matic Bridge
• Tuners Gold Korean
• Bridge Fixed.
• Volume & Tone metal chrome knobs
• 3 way switch Black tip.
• Jack Plate Oval
Strings & Set Up
- Neck Pickup Alnico Humbucker S Korea Bootlegger A500K / 7.50KΩ
- Bridge Pickup Alnico Humbucker S Korea Bootlegger B500K / 8.40KΩ
- Conductive shielding for hum noise and radio interference reduction
• Strings 10m D’Addario
• String Setup 1st 1.6mm to 1.8mm / 6th 1.8mm to 2mm
• Guitar weight 6.8 lbs
• Guitar Measurements 39 x14 x 1 3/4
• Case With Guitar 14.5 lbs
• Case Dimensions 42 x 16
• Included Accessories Case Key & Related Truss Rod & Tuning Tools.
All hardware and pickups high quality BHK Industries S. Korea, tuners are licensed Grovers. Guitars built by our partner Muse Inc, Soul Korea. We are a Los Angeles California company, we design and build professional quality guitars and tube amps. We have sold and shipped guitars and amps all over the world.
REVERB REVIEW I am so happy with this guitar! I scoped it out for a good six months before finally making the purchase. Every part of the transaction was smooth - I even received direct emails from real people. I know; what a concept! There is not enough space here to go into specifics about the guitar, but I will say that, for the money, I've never found a better instrument. I'm already using it for recording and have gotten nothing but compliments on the looks. Thanks for the great instrument and service!June 10, 2020 by Keith Varney
18 6 45 18 lbs ship