We named for our Gen 1 Hounder after Hound Dog Taylor the 6 fingered bluesman. Hound Dog was an early rocker so we decided this guitar needed to better exemplify that spirit. We added a third pickup with the SSH set up. This gives you the classic neck single coil twang, center and neck higher gain like a Strat and Humbucker on the bridge for the darker rock tone.
Reminiscent of the reverse style (offset) vintage guitars and our design has a smaller body for comfort and playability, but still shares the aggressive look of those classic guitars. With our classic 3x3 head the guitar is uniquely Bootlegger, its, own, one of a kind rocker.
The Hounder features our hot BMK pickups, 2 single coil and one humbucker with a 5 way Strat style switch, you can blend the pickups and find your perfect tone. Pickups are finished with black covers for an aggressive stage ready look, the hardware is metal chromed as well as the volume and tone speed knobs. White binding and pick guard complete our boutique custom look.
The see through sunburst gloss finish shows off the natural wood grain. The burst goes from Black to Cherry Red to clear Homey wood grain. The neck features whiskey diamond abalone inlay and head feature our whiskey style Bootlegger logo. The body, neck and head also have our bone white binding.
Our Bootlegger head design is as much function as it is form. As a race car builder, driver I understand that any angle or bend can be a point of weakness under stress. We run brake lines and fuel lines with as little bending as possible. The same works with guitar strings the straighter from the tuning post to the nut means less stress on strings and strings hold tuning and resonate better.
Our Bootlegger neck is best compared to a PRS JM shape, Fender modern C shape or a Gibson Slim Taper D shape for feel and playability. It is by far the most easy and recognizable shape for guitar players across the board. It delivers that vintage feel with a modern twist to keep it relevant and functional for guitar players playing any genre of music.
We build with graphite nuts, along with our head and neck design this is best possible pro setup for your guitar.
We don’t build copies, if you want another typical guitar style go elsewhere, if you desire a true affordable professional boutique guitar then you have found it with Bootlegger Guitar.
Hounder 2 Specs
• Wood Wood Sapele Mahogany Hard Wood
• Finish Tobacco Sunburst Clear Wood Grain Gloss / Polyurethane
• Binding Top and Back White ABS
• Pickup cover Black
• Pick guard White ABS
• Bolt on Hardwood Maple 3 screws
• Neck Profile C
• Neck plate metal chrome
• Binding single white ABS
• Finish satin natural matte Polyurethane
• Fingerboard Jatoba B. Rosewood
• Fingerboard Neck Radius 13”
• Number of Frets 24
• Scale 24.75 (Gibson)
• Width 1st 43mm 12th 53mm Bootlegger standard
• Thick 1st 20mm 12th 22mm Bootlegger standard
• Fret width 2.7mm Silver Nickel
• Inlays Whiskey Diamond white / black pearl
• Side position markers 1.5mm
• Nut Material black Graphite / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
• Truss Rod Adjustment Location Head
• Inlays, White Pearl Bootlegger Whiskey Diamond
• Finish Black matte front Polyurethane
• Finish back natural matte Polyurethane
• Binding ABS
• Logo custom Whiskey Bootlegger Art (borrowed from our favorite whiskey labels)
• Truss Rod Cover Plastic 98 (Proof)
• Finish Metal Chrome
• Tune O Matic Bridge
• Tuners Korean BMK
• Bridge fixed
• Dual truss rod
• 5 way blade switch
• Volume & Tone metal chrome knobs
• Switch Tip black
• Jack Plate Oval
• Neck Single Coil Pickup BMK
• Middle Single Coil Pickup BMK
• Bridge Humbucker Pickup BMK
- Conductive shielding for hum noise and radio interference reduction
Strings & Set Up
• Strings 10m D’Addario
• String Setup 2mm
• Guitar weight 8 lbs
• Guitar Measurements 39 x 13.5 x 1 3/4
• Case With Guitar Weight 19 lbs
• Case Dimensions 16 x 41
• Case Bootlegger OHSC custom fit.
• Included Accessories Case Key & Related Truss Rod & Tuning Tools.
All hardware and pickups high quality BHK Industries S. Korea, tuners are licensed Grovers. Guitars built by our partner Muse Inc, Soul Korea We are a Los Angeles California company guitar builder and designer. Chuck Wilson