Born from the styles of early country and blues performance guitars the Single Barrel savors much of the look and vibe of those legendary guitars. Unlike vintage guitars of the past the Single Barrel is manufactured using state-of-the-art \ precision machinery that insures its modern play-abilities.
Featuring vintage, classic looks, beautiful mahogany and maple hardwoods, semi hollow-body string through construction, single cut F hole, vintage Tele style bridge, P90 neck and single coil bridge Tesla pickups. This guitar rocks from Hank to Hendrix and everything in between.
We slightly scaled down the body from the heavier vintage guitars for both comfort and weight. At 7 pounds, it's comfortable to play for hours. With our new 3x3 head design and our Bootlegger logo & whiskey art combined with our Jack Daniels (borrowed) fretboard diamonds its looks are at home in any roadhouse or dance hall.
Our Bootlegger neck is best likened to a PRS JM shape, Fender modern C shape or a Gibson Slim Taper D shape for feel and playability. It is by far the most easy and recognizable shape for guitar players across the board. It delivers that vintage feel with a modern twist to keep it relevant and functional for guitar players playing any genre of music. You make no sacrifices with a Bootlegger Guitar.
Like Single Barrel Whiskey it is of a premium class, elegant, smooth and refined. Its sound is all about tone, resonance and rock.
Please take time to read our customer reviews.
We are the boutique builder “Bootlegger Guitar”. Our guitars and tube amps are unique to us and our driven by our passion as musicians. All designs are Bootlegger Guitar. We are located in Hermosa Beach, CA. Our factory is Muse Inc, S Korea. Style / Playability / Value.
Single Barrel 2 Specifications 2019
- Wood Mahogany
- Finish Violin Sunburst Natural Gloss / Polyurethane
- F Hole 30mm
- Binding Top only 2 mm White ABS
- Pickup cover custom Bootlegger P90 vintage chrome
- Bolt on Hardwood Maple 4 screws
- Neck Profile C
- Neck plate metal chrome
- Binding single white ABS
- Finish natural matte Polyurethane
- Truss Rod Adjustment Location Head
- Width nut 43mm at 1st fret 44mm at 12th fret 53mm
- Fingerboard Material Hardwood Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 350r
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale 25.5
- Width 1st 43mm 12th 53mm Bootlegger standard
- Thick 1st 20mm 12th 22mm Bootlegger standard
- Fret width 2.7mm Silver Nickel
- Inlays Whiskey Diamond white / black pearl
- Side position markers 1.5mm
- Nut Material black Graphite / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
- Inlays, White Pearl Bootlegger Whiskey Diamond
- Finish black matte front Polyurethane
- Finish back natural matte Polyurethane
- Binding ABS
- Logo custom Whiskey Bootlegger Art (borrowed from our favorite whiskey labels)
- Truss Rod Cover Plastic 98 (Proof)
- Finish metal chrome
- 3 way pickup switch
- Tell style String-thru body bridge
- Tuners Grover GH 102 3x3
- Bridge Tele
- Volume & Tone metal chrome knobs
- Switch Tip black
- Jack Plate Oval
- Neck Pickup Tesla VR-90 Dog Ear
- Bridge Pickup Tesla VR-TE
- Conductive shielding for hum noise and radio interference reduction
- Strings & Set Up
- Strings 10m D’Addario
- String Setup 1st 1.6mm to 1.8mm / 6th 1.8mm to 2mm
- Information Tesla pickups
- Guitar weight 7 pounds
- Guitar Measurements 38 x 12.75 inches
- Case With Guitar Weight 14 lbs
- Case Dimensions 41 x 15 inches
- Case Bootlegger OHSC custom fit.
- Included Accessories Case Key & Related Truss Rod & Tuning Tools.
All hardware and pickups high quality BHK Industries S. Korea. Guitars built by our partner Muse Inc, S. Korea. We are a Los Angeles California company, we design and build professional quality guitars and tube amps.
Electric Guitar retro styles, Tube, Valve Amps and Pedals.
Reverb Reviews Link
A few sample Reverb reviews
Beast ! No cons what so ever !!!!!!!!!
Who-da-thunk ! After playing for 50+ years, thought the Spade would be a good guitar to practice on, Yup, but actually I'll be using her live. Chuck gives a rather complete description of the pros and cons, but in reality there are more pluses. Build quality is excellent, from the fret work to the hardware. It's really stable, and didn't take long to get used to the feel (gotta stop tryin' to fine tune the invisible tuners on the headstock though).Only needed some minor set up tweeks right out of the box (neck was arrow straight, needed some relief for my style) Even though it has the "dime" pots, the cavity is shielded, the pups are well balanced and can roar ! As primarily a Strat player, love the scale on this, and the ability to get vintage bucker tones without switching guitars.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: musicworld2016
Bought on Jan 9th, 2019 by Tom J.
I took a chance with Bootlegger and purchased a Single Barrel hollow body. When the guitar arrived I was very pleased with the construction. Maple neck is a little thick but plays like butter. Tone settings are diverse and the all maple body had a nice glassy finish. Even better is Mr. Chuck Wilson of Bootlegger who is a pleasure to do business with. He communicated with me every step of the way and made sure I got a fair deal. These are fine people marketing really good guitars.
Very smooth transaction. Bought it when they were still being fabricated in Korea...pretty fast delivery considering that!! Chuck kept in touch and made sure I was happy. The guitar arrived today and looks great. My buddies at Sam Ash say it plays well and sounds good....haven't had a chance to play it myself at home but I am sure I will like it. Again, thank you Chuck!!!
Bought on Jul 31st, 2019 by Michael J.
Beautiful guitar. Excellent communication. Awesome seller. Highly recommended! EXTREMELY cool! 🎸 Would DEFINITELY buy from again!!!! 👍Great, immediate communication with the seller - even with the east coast/west coast time difference. The guitar shipped quickly and was carefully packed. The Hounder itself is a treasure - action & intonation perfect out of the box, great looking finish, solid feel, very playable. The online pics and videos don't do it justice - much, much more than you might expect from a guitar 3-4x the cost. Highly recommended instrument and seller- thanks Chuck!
By Tom C.
ship 6/43/19 15lbs