New York East Coast Jazz
1920 through 1940’s
Jim Gustin NAMM 2020
Wow. What a guitar!
Thank you Bootlegger! My guitar arrived as beautifully as I expected.
The quality of this instrument makes itself know as soon as you have it in your hands!
The “shallow C” neck. is absolutely love! And the sound from the HSH Tesla pickups, 5 way switch and push pull pots give you versatility to jam your way!
This guitar is obviously labor of love. Thank you Chuck and the collaborative work from Steve Stine and Reno Paulson!
Beautiful guitar. Excellent communication. Awesome seller. Highly recommended! EXTREMELY cool! 🎸 Would DEFINITELY buy from again!!!! 👍
First-class all the way! Chuck reaches out to customers to answer questions, provide information, and offer support. Love the business model and customer focus. Highly recommended! The Hounder is a beautiful, high quality instrument with excellent fit, finish, and attention to detail from end to end. The hard case is sturdy, looks good, and has an insert shaped specifically for the Hounder. Icing on the cake; all of this comes with a groovy little flask. Again, HIGHLY recommend Bootlegger! A+++
I bought this guitar to celebrate the birth of my first grandchild. Like many here, this guitar exceeded my expectations. It is not a Fender or a Gibson clone, not a Fenson. either. It stands right alongside my higher-priced guitars. Setup was great right out of the case. The appointments on the guitar make it unique (headstock design, diamond inlays, neck shape). Plays great, sounds great, looks great. Rec'd the guitar 3 days after order & was also contact by the owner of the company!
The classic Cadillac is also are first full hollybody arch top. This style was originally known as a Jazz guitar, but rapidly found its way as a hallowed blues & rock guitar. Our classic features 2 F holes (excellent resonance) and a single cutaway. Gold hardware, gold pickup covers, gold Grover tuners and stunning black to cherry red see through flamed maple see through finish. Both top and backed arched body.
With our custom Bootlegger 3x3 head and our whiskey diamond fret inlays and logo the guitar fits perfectly in any smoke filled Jazz club blues joint or rocking roadhouse.
Our body is slimmer then most Jazz styles at 1 1/2 inches thick compared to a Gibson 335 that is 1 3/4 inch thick. Our body size is closer to a Les Paul. We wanted a more comfortable, lighter version of this classic semi hollow body style. Arched back and top for acoustic tone.
Our Bootlegger neck is best likened to a PRS JM shape, Fender modern C shape or a Gibson Slim Taper D shape for feel and playability. It is by far the most easy and recognizable shape for guitar players across the board. It delivers that vintage feel with a modern twist to keep it relevant and functional for guitar players playing any genre of music. You make no sacrifices playing a Bootlegger Guitar.
• Wood top 15mm Flamed Maple bottom 2 pcs Sapele 42mm
• Finish Black / Cherry Sunburst Clear Natural Gloss / Polyurethane
• Two F Holes
• Binding Top and back White ABS
• Semi hollow body construction
• Set neck 16th fret
• Neck Profile C
• Binding white ABS
• Finish natural matte Polyurethane
• Truss Rod Dual Adjustment Location Head
• Fingerboard Material Hardwood Walnut
• Fingerboard Radius 350r
• Number of Frets 22
• Scale 24.75 (Gibson)
• Width 1st 43mm 12th 53mm Bootlegger standard
• Thick 1st 20mm 12th 22mm Bootlegger standard
• Fret width 2.7mm Silver Nickel
• Inlays Whiskey Diamond white / black pearl
• Side position markers 1.5mm
• Nut Material black Graphite / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
• Inlays, White Pearl Bootlegger Whiskey Diamond
• Thickness 12mm Angle 12 degree
• Tuners Grover Gold
• Finish black matte front Polyurethane
• Finish back natural matte Polyurethane
• Binding ABS White
• Logo custom Whiskey Bootlegger Art (borrowed from our favorite whiskey labels)
• Truss Rod Cover Plastic 98 (Proof)
• Gold finish
• 3 way pickup switch
• Tune O Matic Bridge
• Tuners Gold Korean
• Bridge Fixed.
• Volume & Tone metal gold chrome knobs
• 3 way switch Black tip.
• Jack Plate oval gold
• Neck Pickup Gold Alnico BMK Humbucker
• Bridge Pickup Gold Alnico BMK Humbucker
• Conductive shielding for hum noise and radio interference reduction
Strings & Set Up
• Strings 10m D’Addario
• String Setup 1st 1.6mm to 1.8mm / 6th 1.8mm to 2mm
• Guitar weight 6.8 lbs
• Guitar Measurements 39 x14 x 1 3/4
• Case With Guitar 14.5 lbs
• Case Dimensions 42 x 16
• Included Accessories Case Key & Related Truss Rod & Tuning Tools.